In this self-paced course we share research and strategies to foster a culturally responsive approach to teaching multilingual learners (MLLs). Explore the meaning of culture and its implications for teaching and learning and reflect on your school’s strengths in the implementation of culturally responsive teaching practices while earning a certificate for five hours of professional development (PD) upon course completion.
In this online, asynchronous (self-paced) course, you will:
- Define culture and culturally responsive teaching
- Discuss five guiding principles for culturally responsive teaching for multilingual learners (MLs)
- Explore and apply instructional strategies and tools for creating a culturally responsive school climate for MLs
- Apply strategies to build collaborative relationships with ML students and their families to foster ML family engagement
This self-paced course includes:
- Engaging voice-over PowerPoint presentations and videos of classroom instruction,
- Interactive questions, activities, and frequent opportunities for reflection,
- Tools and resources for supporting implementation of strategies,
- Access to a dynamic resource sharing tool (Padlet), and
- A certificate for 5 hours of professional development.
Plus 3% additional processing fee when paying by credit card or PayPal
Use the button above to pay through PayPal and be enrolled within minutes!
We offer a 10% bulk discount for groups of 15 or more per district.
We also accept purchase orders to facilitate payment by invoice. Please reach out to Courses@SupportEd.com for more information.